What are technology essentials?
Technology can help students with activities such as research, writing papers, doing homework. By focusing on a few essential points we create a canvas for students to enjoy and improve productive side of technology.
With UpSavvy, students will learn essential technology skills for working with modern day devices such as smartphones, as well as important apps that are used in school and the workplace in the future.
UpSavvy technology essentials lessons
- Introduction to the digital world
- Working with a computer
- Working with a tablet
- Navigating the online world
- Connecting to the online world
- Writing documents and word processing
- Conducting searches and research online
- Using multimedia and presentation tools (Powerpoint, Slides)
- Managing your classes online
- Browser tab management and bookmarks
- Introduction to email and chat tool
- Working with spreadsheets and charts
- Creating powerful presentations
- Managing your passwords with browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari)
- Working with online storage and sharing
- Working with advanced spreadsheets functions (Excel, Sheets)
Digital citizenship curriculum topics
UpSavvy provides one minute lessons for digital citizenship using interactive video format. It can be deployed with single sign-on and integrates with Google, Microsoft, Clever, ClassLink. UpSavvy was launched by former Googlers who helped over 4 million people learn how to use Google Apps.
Why UpSavvy works
- Takes less than 5 minutes a month to learn digital citizenship.
- Interactive content with over 200 bite size videos, quizzes & simulations.
- Empowers teachers with resources while minimizing their time investment.
- Enhances the classroom experience without sacrificing learning time.
Contact us to find out how we can help your district.